Summary of Argyll CMS Changes since last release
For a complete
and more detailed list of changes, please see the log.txt file.
[V1.5.0 -> V1.5.1] 8th March 2013
- Fix spectro/instlib.ksh and standalone instlib build.
- Turned off debug plot on using FWA.
- Changed link $(LINKFLAGS) location in link command line
Jambase to get latest gcc working.
- Fixed new bug in matrix display profile creation that causes
an inaccurate relative white point. This causes Photoshop to
barf on the profiles.
- Added -m option to printcal.
- Fix bug in webwin that causes crash.
[V1.4.0 -> V1.5.0] 1st March 2013
- Increased ease of selecting ISO 13655:2009 M0, M1 and M2
measurements using FWA comensation using any spectrometer that
can take non-UV filtered measurements. M0, M1 or M2 can now be
selected directly using the -f flag. [ArgyllCMS has been
supporting ISO 13655 M0, M1 & M2 well before the standard
was created, thanks to its FWA compensation feature.]
- Increased stability of i1d3 refresh display measurements by
increasing integration time, and tweaking crossover from
frequency to period measurement.
- Added i1pro Rev E (i1pro2) feature support. Uses RevE
measurement mode, and does wavelength calibration. Uses RevE
(internal) stray light reduction, and black level temperature
compensation. The only Rev E feature not currently supported is
U.V. measurement, which would improve the accuracy of FWA
compensation. Rev E driver can be disabled and the legacy driver
mode used by setting the ARGYLL_DISABLE_I1PRO2_DRIVER
- Changed i1pro adaptive mode to avoid high gain mode, so as to
give more consistent and longer integration times for low light
- Changed ColorMunki adaptive mode to avoid high gain mode, so
as to give more consistent and longer integration times for low
levels. Added black level temperature compensation.
- Added spotread interactive function 'f' to read out the
calibrate display refresh rate for instruments that have a
refresh display mode, as well as an 'F' function that measures
the refresh rate for instruments that support a refresh rate
measurement function (colorimeters & spectrometers).
- The Display Type selection option -y in dispcal, dispread,
chartread, spotread & ccxxmake now lists installed CCSS and
CCMX files as a selection, rather than using the -X parameter.
CCMX and CCSS files now have extra fields to indicate the
refresh mode, an optional list of default UI selection
characters, and (for CCMX files) the base display type they
apply over (CB-n).
- Tweaked CIECAM02 to improve behavior for extreme blue colors,
so that the hue doesn't swing too far towards the cyan. This
helps in the clipping behavior from colorspaces such as
- Made the input profile cLUT extra neutral axis extrapolation
points the default for colprof -u and non -u profiles. Changed
-u algorithm to work similarly to -U scale :- it sets the scale
automatically. Relative colorimetric is therefore hue matched to
the white reference patch, Removed colprof -un, as it seems
unnecessary. Added colprof -uc, which clips cLUT colors over Y =
1 to white.
- The spyd2en, spyd4en and i1d3ccss tools have been combined
into, and replaced by a single oeminst tool.
- Fix problem with dispwin/dispcal/dispread -dweb and the latest
- Changed to a single ArgyllCMS.inf file for MSWin USB driver
installation. This eases installation of more than a single type
of instrument. Tested on MS Windows 8 and updated installation
- Dropped libusb for USB access, using native USB access
instead. MSWin uses the libusb-win32 kernel driver. Moved the
usb setup files from libusb1 to a new directory, usb.
- Added scanin support for ColorCheckerPassort.
- Updated OS X code to compile on 10.6 and 10.7 and (presumably)
10.8 (64 bit compatible API used when compiling on those
platforms, including Cocoa for the test patch window).
- Changed udev file usb/55-Argyll.rules to eliminate the test
for /lib/udev/udev-acl as a condition of using ACL_MANAGE, since
I'm informed that it is deprecated in recent distribution
releases (but who can tell, given the churn in the udev API).
- Deprecated -V flag (adaptive mode) in dispcal, dispread and
ccxxmake, since this is now the default. Flag will be ignored
with a warning. Added -ZA flag instead, to select non-adaptive
integration time mode.
- spotread -d flag is deprecated, and is now a synonym for the
-e flag, since it defaults to adaptive mode. Added -ZA flag
instead, to select non-adaptive integration time mode. Also
added -Zr and -ZR flags to allow testing of the refresh mode
- Migrated ArgyllCMS specific application runtime files (such as
instrument blobs, calibration state & calibration files) to
an "ArgyllCMS" sub-directory rather than the generic "color"
directory. On OS X also moved data files to below the
"Application Support" sub directory. The old locations will be
used as a fallback.
- Added support for Quato Silver Haze 3 OEM i1d3
- Added support for X-Rite ColorMunki Smile colorimeter.
- Enable the ColorHug by default, although it isn't advertised
as supported, since it doesn't yet work reliably on OS X.
Updated ColorHug PCI VID & PID
- For Spyder, emit a warning rather than error if the feature
bits are missing for calibration tables.
- Added automatic adjustment of patch reading delay for i1d3, so
that a more conservative (longer) default value (200 msec) can
be used without impacting i1d3 speed. Also added environment
variable ARGYLL_MIN_DISPLAY_UPDATE_DELAY_MS that can set a
different minimum update delay.
- Fixed a bug introduced in V1.3.6 that stops the dtp41 from
being initialized properly.
- Improved black level readings derived from spectral values by
allowing them to be -ve.
- The instlib API has been modified quite extensively to make it
more self contained and flexible, although the basic
architecture remains the same.
[V1.3.7 -> V1.4.0] 20th April 2012
- Modified spectro/ccxxmake so that a colorimeter can be used as
a reference to make ccmx files if two .ti3 files are used. Added
ref/ccxx.ti1 as convenient way of creating ccmx .ti3 files.
- Added dither/screening support for 8 bit output of render, and
then made it available in target/printtarg.
- Added JPEG file support to imdi/cctiff, xicc/tiffgamut and
xicc/extracticc. ICC profiles embedded in JPEG files can now be
used anywhere a TIFF file with embedded ICC profile can be used
as a source of an ICC profile.
- Fixed memory leaks in usbio.c, xdg_bds.c & conv.c
- Fixed double memory free bug in icc/icc.c when iccdump'ing a
profile that has a duplicate tag.
- Changed license of xicc/ccmx.[ch] to GPL2+.
- Made display calibration and profile making deal with displays
without hardware calibration support (VideoLUT support) more
graceful. Added tutorial section covering this.
- Added option to dispwin/dispcal/dispread/ccxxmake to redirect
the test patches to a web browser via a local web server. This
augments Argyll's existing local and remote display capability.
- Fixed bug in spectro/i1d3.c which results in NAN if a low
level readings drops to zero at a particular time. Improved
refresh rate calibration accuracy. Fixed bugs in adaptive
measurement logic that caused a channel to be pre-measured when
it shouldn't. This seems to noticeably improve repeatability on
- Fixed bug in ucmm/jcnf where it was failing to locate the
correct profile for a display.
- Fix bugs in ColorMunki Transmissive measurement mode
[V1.3.6 -> V1.3.7] 26th March 2012
- Fix regression in Spyder support - ccmx files were not being
handled (bug introduced in 1.3.6).
- Fix packaging problem - Spyder4 MSWin .inf file was missing.
- Change dispwin so that it will install a profile when there is
no access to the display VideoLUT if the profile has no vcgt.
[V1.3.5 -> V1.3.6] 19th March 2012
- Added Spyder4 support. Note the need for spyd4en for access to
a full range of Manufacturers calibrations. The Spyder4 can use
.ccss calibration files too. Speeded up all Spyder instrument
readings on brighter colors.
- Experimental ColorHug support is compiled in, but is disabled
unless the environment variable "ENABLE_COLORHUG" is set. The
ColorHug currently doesn't seem to work reliably across all
platforms ArgyllCMS supports.
- Changed and expanded display selection (-y flag) to be
instrument specific. This is to support the Spyder4 and
ColorHug, and adds a refresh display selection to the i1d3.
- Tweaked i1d3 integration times and added accurate refresh
period calibration to the refresh display mode. Refresh display
measurement times are double non-refresh displays. Improved i1d3
period measurement logic to improve measurement speed and
accuracy for dark colors.
- Changed i1disp measurement logic to try and make it more
robust against light to dark changes during a reading. This may
make it slightly less precise for LCD displays on bright colors
(equivalent now to Refresh display precision).
- Added a -V option to spotread to allow tracking reading
- Changed ccxxmake to create default .ccss with just RGBW,
and not to weight W. This may give better matching. Made
corresponding change to CCMX, giving the white patch 1/4
weighting of sum of all other patches.
- Fixed applycal so that it applies calibration to both A2B and
B2A tables, to preserve softproofing.
- Fixed timeout in SpectroScanT reference transmission
measurement. (Someone kindly donated me a SpectroScanT to test
- Made DTP94 driver ignore with a warning any
NEEDS_OFFSET_DRIFT_CAL_ERR after a full reset. It seems that
occasionally a few instruments do this, and X-Rite don't appear
to be prepared to treat this as an instrument fault.
- Added support for Datacolor SpyderCheckr (Thanks to Jos
- Improved the ability of spyd2en to cope with slightly
different setup.exe formats.
- Add support for NEC SpectraSensor Pro version of the i1d3.
[V1.3.4 -> V1.3.5] 24th October 2011
- Fix bug (crash) that affects ColorMunki design/photo display
measurement. This also stops it restoring a calibration (-N
- Add support for the OEM version of the i1d3.
- Fix bug that stopped ccxxmake being able to make ccmx's.
- Tweak gamut mapping to improve dark area mapping,
non-monotonic profile inversion, and contrast preservation to
- Kill i1ProfileTray.exe process if unable to open i1d3 on
- Fix DTP20 chart printing - TID was sometimes incomplete. This
shows up on a 4x6 chart.
[V1.3.3 -> V1.3.4] 31st August 2011
- Added support for the X-Rite i1 Display Pro and ColorMunki
Display colorimeters. As part of this, added support for CCSS
calibration files for the instruments and added CCSS support to
ccxxmake (renamed from ccmxmake). Provide new tool i1d3ccss to
translating and installing CCSS files as well as the
manufacturers calibration files for these instruments. Added
non-default observer support for these instruments too.
- Fix gamut code to ignore setting primary/secondary cusps that
are unlikely to be true. This avoids buggy gamut mapping
behavior for gamuts that are very small and odd shaped.
- Changed Linux USB code to avoid doing a
set_configuration if possible, since the USB driver does
this by default. This then avoids triggering a bug in the
Spyder2, which allows it to work on Linux version without the
reset_ep fix, and may also allow the Spyder to work better with
- Change printtarg for DTP20 to allow for variable patch size.
- Changed dummy display matrix table to have channels rotated
rather than R & G swapped, to make it more obvious.
- Added option to colprof to allow setting the default profile
- Enhanced spectro/fakeread so that it will process a .ti3 file
that has been renamed to .ti1.
- Fix bug in matrix input profile white point selection, + add
in slight neutral bias code used in clut profiles.
- New profcheck -I wasn't working - fix option parsing.
[V1.3.2 -> V1.3.3] 13th May 2011
- Fixed compiler dependant bug in Eye-One pro and (possibly)
Munki high res. spectral wavelength calculation.
- Add support for install variables DESTDIR and PREFIX in
Jamtop. These can be set on the command line using "jam -s"
- Added targen -N parameter to allow adjustment of neutral axis
patch density emphasis, as well as increasing the default. This
should improve the result without needing to add explicit grey
- Added spectro/instlib.ksh script to assemble all the files
needed for a standalone instrument library. Changed licence to
GPLv2 for the files included in the instlib.zip file that is
thus created. See spectro/instlib.txt for more details.
- Fix Jambase so that recent MingW compilers don't need extra
- Change Linux serial code to test ports using O_NONBLOCK
- Modify xspect & illumread to improve realism of UV
- Fixed profile/txt2ti3 so that a sample name that looks like an
integer is treated as text. (Fixes problem with latest
- Added LCh option to spotread.
- Fixed numerical issue in scanin/scanrd.c, where large input
rasters would cause fitting to fail.
- Modified colprof input chart white patch detection to slightly
favour patches that are close to D50 neutral.
- Increase the default XYZ PCS A2B profile default smoothness.
- Improved cLUT input -u black & white point
- Improved black point determination for devices that have
extremely narrow gamuts doe to the use of custom inks.
- Added -Z option to colprof, to allow setting ICC attribute
- Fix CIECAM02 to better match forward and backwards, to fix
perceptual table white point.
- Add code to override X-Rite's new OS X drivers for ColorMunki
and EyeOne. Note new installation instructions
- Added -R flag to colprof, which restricts the range of the
white, black for better compatibility with other programs.
- Fixed typo bug that prevented flash measurement mode from
- Replaced spectro/average with a new version that is more
- Fixed bug in printcal not working with spectral only files.
- Added extra verbose output to printcal in which it computes an
ideal power-like value to apply to the test chart values in
- Modify the way that XYZ cLUT B2A tables are indexed, so that
the white point is at the top corner of the grid.This should
solve Photoshop CS4/CS5 complaining that XYZ LUT profiles are
- Added option in xicc/xicclu to plot an arbitrary slice.
- Expand the number of i1 Display OEM devices that can be used.
- Made some changes to help compile on FreeBSD.
- Added another intent, "pa", Perceptual Appearance, which is
the same as perceptual except that the grey axes are not forced
into alignment, allowing the appearance parameters to have full
affect, including altering the chromatic mapping.
- Fixed bug in txt2ti3 - it wasn't creating an iRGB colorspace
file for output device RGB files, causing warnings warnings and
failures when mixed with other iRGB tool sequences.
- Added pathological case fix for target/ofps where the ink
limit == di-2.
- targen was failing to proceed when fixed points happened to be
numerically just over the total ink limit.
- Added more navigation options for chartread patch by patch
- Fixed bug in "chartread -r -H" that caused resume of
i1Pro high res to fail with "The resumed spectral type seems to
- Modified profcheck so that it prints patch location if it is
present in the .ti3 file.
- Changed dispcal and dispread -K option to -J. Added -K option
to dispcal as an alternate way of profiling a calibrated
display, and also added a -K option to dispcal.
- Increased ColorMunki emissive auto scaling target "over"
margin from 5% to 10% to allow more room for instrument drift
- Fix bug in winusb + i1Display, where dark CRT
[V1.3.1 -> V1.3.2] 4th November 2010
- Turn off debugging that was accidentally left on in FWA code.
Add gcc 3.3 PPC optimizer bug workaround to FWA code in
- Change shaper/matrix profile back to using power curve as 0th
order shape. Improve it with input & output offsets and
straight segment at zero. Make cLUT input -u black & white
point extrapolation use pure shaper curves with special tweaks.
- Increase dispcal native white target weighting from 10 to 50
to encourage white to be device 1.0,1.0,1.0 more strongly.
[V1.3.0 -> V1.3.1] 26th October 2010
- Fixed MSWIN Vista/Win7 problem where having Task Manager
running would stop display test window updating. Also fixed plot
library to avoid the same problem.
- Swapped dispwin -E and -D flags, to make -D debug consistent
- Changed the ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE mode so that all return and
line feed characters are ignored, so that they can be used
freely to flush stdin without triggering anything.
- Fixed endless loop problem with chartread -r -p on fully read
- Added -S option to chartread, that suppresses wrong strip and
unexpected value warnings.
- Fix dispcal and spotread so that color temperature takes into
account any non-standard observer (ie. the color temperature is
the closest point on the spectrum locus as determined by the
chosen observers interpretation of the Plancian or daylight
- Fix bug in libusb1 triggered on systems that support bulk
- Added 1964_10c observer to spectro/dispcal, to better allow
comparison to the default numbers.
- Added recognition for Huey built into Lenovo W series Laptops.
- Fixed chartread/dispsup/spotread etc. so that -N isn't fatal
if the instrument doesn't support it.
- Fixed dispcal to disable black & white drift tracking
during interactive adjustment.
- Added -s option to ccmxmake to allow the number of test
patches to be set.
[V1.2.0 -> V1.3.0] 8th September 2010
- Added option to dispcal
and dispread that attempts to counteract instrument black drift
and display white drift (-I option). This may help with
instruments that haven't properly acclimatised to the
measurement location, and LCD displays that also take some time
to stabilise. The is a short discussion here.
- Added option to dispcal
to allow specifying a non 1931 2 degree observer if a
spectrometer is being used.
- Added new utility spectro/ccmxmake,
which makes Colorimeter Correction Matrices for a particular
Colorimeter + Display combination, using a Spectrometer as a
reference. The resulting .ccmx
file can then be used with spotread/dispcal/dispread
(-X option) to improve the accuracy of the colorimeter on
that particular display. See a discussion here and here.
- Fixed bug in spotread's handling of emissive measurements. If
the XYZ was computed from spectral, it was using a D50 white
instead of no white reference.
- Fixed bug in i1pro normal resolution wavelength calibration,
introduced in V1.2.0.
- Changed libusb V1.0 name to libusb-1.0A, so as not to clash
with any official but different libusb V1.0 installation. [This
may necessitate re-installing device drivers on MSWin.]
- Added support for HP DreamColor version of the i1 display.
- Fix problem with ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE - reading from
instruments was not actually possible, because polling for input
- Adjust ColorMunki dark threshold to reduce misread reports.
Add inconsistent data to debug output. Fix bug in adaptive mode
- the integration time was sometimes too short. Set
adaptive emissive target at 95% to allow a little more margin to
- Fix problem with ColorMunki reporting erroneous inconsistent
measurement errors. This shows up on display calibration.
- Fix some minor compiler warnings.
- Added direction indicators to xy values in dispcal
interactive monitor adjustments.
- Fix bug in CIECAM02 viewing condition settings :- the
enumerated conditions after "mt" are displaced by 1. (ie. "mt"
is really "pc", "mb" is "mt", "md" is "mb" etc.) Added option
-c:sn for auto surround from the Lv parameter (-c:l).
- Add option to illumread to average several readings. Fixed bug
in the way illumread displays available instruments.
[V1.1.1 -> V1.2.0] 30 July 2010
- Re-worked gamut mapping to improve perceptual intent
saturation levels, as well as improve highlight and shadow
contrast. Added fine tuning to improve both smoothness and the
precision with which the source is mapped to the destination.
- Added illumread, which allows measuring an illuminant and
estimating its UV content, for better accuracy with FWA
- Use a modified/forked version of libusb V1.0, that supports
Win2K (libusb0.sys) back end by default. Supports 64 but MSWin
using a combination of WinUSB.sys and ptlibusb0.sys. [ The HCFR
does not work on Win 64 bit though, due to its buggy USB
implementation. ] NOTE that the included version of Libusb V1
has been carefully tested with all supported instruments on all
supported platforms, and includes many bug fixes needed
for correct functioning. While bug fixes have been fed upstream,
not all have been adopted. In particular there is a nasty race
condition that has not, and may never be fixed upstream, as well
as missing critical functionality (clearep()).
- Modified colprof -p to allow different abstract profiles to be
applied for each intent.
- Added -I option (imitation) to printcal, so that an existing
devices response can be set as a target.
- Increase target/ofps.c vertex intersection retries from 10 to
40 to give it a better chance of working with difficult
- Fixed bug in plot that shows up on XP+, where the window isn't
dismissed by the first keystroke, but only after it has been
moved or resized.
- Changed CMYK black point to be natural, rather than the
darkest point in the same direction and K only. This may wreck K
only to black point matching, but it will stop printers with
funny colored K ink from messing up the black point.
- Make Lacie Blue Eye colorimeter appear as an i1display.
- Improved i1pro matching to Original Manufacturers Driver (see
- Improved i1pro/ColorMunki patch recognition for better
- Fixed bug in ColorMunki driver scan mode calibration when
instrument is more sensitive than usual.
- Added EV calculation to spotread -a
[V1.1.0 -> V1.1.1] 21 February 2010
- Renamed the following tools:
kodak2cgats -> kodak2ti3
logo2cgats -> txt2ti3
- Modified black curve to make sure that smoothed curve meets
target level at boundaries.
- Added -M option to printtarg, for the case where the TIFF file
is to include the margin.
- Fixed several build bugs in imdi code related to 64 bits.
- Fixed profile/colprof -u so that it is applied to matrix
- Changed tiffgamut to use one pass gamut hull finding and
modified the smoothing so as to end up with a more closely
- Fixed bug in input matrix profiles introduced by the XYZ cLUT
display matrix profile change, where the correct white and black
point weren't being written.
- Added matrix only/linear algorithm option to profile/colprof,
for raw camera profiling.
- Modified libusb/55-Argyll.rules for better compatibility with
systems that have ACL installed but no ConsoleKit. Also set
ID_VENDOR and ID_MODEL using. usb-db.
- Modified target/targen to cope better with case where adding
nodes fails to determine vertex positions a lot of the time,
causing extreme slowdown.
- Fixed colprof so that the per channel input curves for XYZ PCS
B2A tables are actually scaled correctly.
- Changed link/collink to apply Y to L* curve if the input or
output space is XYZ. Fixed the Y to L* scaling to make sure it
only apples to XYZ space, and that the L* non-linearisation
still applies to Y like device spaces.
- Modified scanin so that it ignores any alpha channels in the
input .tiff file.
- Changed printcal so that it will create .AMP file with more
than 4 channels. Also fixed up plotting to plot up to 10
- Changed dispcal and dispread so that a request for projector
mode falls back to display mode if the instrument doesn't
support a projector mode.
- Updated ref/CMP_Digital_Target-3.cht as it seems that the
reference chart has columns labelled "2A - 2D" rather than the
"AA - AD" that is actually printed on the chart...
- Altered xpsect FWA code to reduce overshoot artefacts due to
[V1.0.4 -> V1.1.0] 17th January 2010
- Spyder3 and ColorMunki Design, Photo and Create instrument
- Added a complete printer calibration system. This can work
either with a print system that supports per channel print
calibration curves, or purely using ICC profiling mechanisms.
- Default targen (OFPS) test point distribution has been
re-written to generate test points on the gamut surface, refine
the point locations when using a guide profile, and use a better
error estimate model to determine the test point locations.
- Changed chartread strip reading mode to allow navigating about
the strips, saving a partially read chart, and resuming a
partially read chart.
- Improved and re-tuned gamut mapping. This is noticeably
smoother and better retains source image detail.
- Re-tuned the cLUT profile creation smoothness vs. accuracy.
- Fixed viewgam so that the number of gamuts that can be viewed
is unlimited. Also added error when computing intersecting
volume if the two gamuts are incompatible.
- Improved CMYK black generation control and smoothness near the
- Improved collink special black and colorant handling so that
the gamut mapping is consistent with the special black and
- Changed profile/colprof to generate matrix tags for Display
XYZ PCS cLUT profiles, to improve compatibility with other CMMs.
By default (-ax) the matrix tags will be a dummy transform that
swaps red and green, while using -aX will create real matrix
- Added -V option to dispcal and dispread to allow use of i1pro
adaptive mode to give better low level consistency.
- Changed dispcal to default to -f 1.0 (assume black is all
output offset) to make it work in more sympathy to a typical
display response. Also changed default gamma to 2.4 for OS X
- Improved X11 XRandR CRTC detection.
- Added spotread option to save spectral reading of an
illuminant to a .sp file.
- Added Color Rendering Index (Ra) to spotread measurement
- Added i1pro & ColorMunki flash measurement
- Improve reliability of detecting backwards read i1pro/Munki
- Fixed bug in i1pro driver that subtly affected accuracy.
- Modified xicc/cam02 to clip the blue to avoid crazy behavior
outside the spectrum locus.
- Simplified the Linux installation instructions, particularly
with regard to USB and serial permissions.
- Added working MSWindows 64 bit libusb drivers, which will work
on Vista 64 and MSWindows 7 64 bit. Because of Microsoft's
driver signing requirements though, they won't be usable unless
a driver code signing workaround is used.
- Changed printtarg so that the TIFF output has the paper margin
subtracted from it. This is so that the resulting TIFF can be
placed on that sized paper without clipping or scaling. Set the
margin to zero to get a TIFF that exactly fits into the
specified paper size
[V1.0.3 -> V1.0.4] 30th June 2009
- Modify icc/icclib to protect against integer overflow
exploits, and fixes to minor bugs. Bump icclib version to 2.11
to reflect this.
- Fix bug in spectro/hidio.c that can cause a crash (bus error)
on OS X for any program that accesses the instruments.
- Fix bug in xicc/xfit.c where too little memory was being
[V1.0.2 -> V1.0.3] 3rd September 2008
- Added multi-TIFF and popularity filtering to tiffgamut.
- Modified gamut mapping in colprof
and collink to be
consistent, and have higher perceptual intent saturation.
- Fixed timeout problem with the Eye-One Display colorimeter.
- Fix segmentation fault in dispread.
- Fix out of memory error in colprof
for systems with > 3Gig Ram.
- Add support for the Eye-One Monitor spectrometer.
- Added -L option to printtarg
to suppress the i1pro target holder clip margin.
- Fixed bug in dispcal
when using -a with -t
[V1.0.1 -> V1.0.2] 19th August 2008
Various bug fixes, the main ones being:
- Fixed some colprof performance
and memory usage issues.
- Fixed issues with Eye-One Pro Rev B timeouts.
- Added new option to collink -fk, that forces 000K input to K
- Added device target value quantization option to printtarg, as well as making
it default for TIFF output files.put files.
- Fixed leak that was affecting printtarg.
[V0.70 Beta 8 -> V1.0.0] 1st July 2008
Apart from numerous bug fixes and many minor feature additions and
improvements, the main changes to this version compared to the
previous one are:
As usual, a more detailed description of all changes is in the log.txt
file that accompanies the source code.
- Speedup in profile and device link generation (inversion
code), and better memory usage.
- Support for embedded profiles in TIFF files.
- Support for installing and uninstalling and loading of display
profiles for all operating systems, and a micro CMM system for
- Improved display calibration and profiling, including ambient
- X11 XRandR 1.2 support added.
- Raster test charts now supported, as well as PS and EPS.
- Guidance for installing on a wider range of systems.
- Fixed luminance and ambient calibration issues with various
- Renamed "profile" to "colprof", and "icclink" to "collink" to
avoid clashes that have arisen with other executable names.
- Streamlined source code build system, for much easier
- Installation archives now include a top directory, and
gzip/tar format for OS X and Linux.
- Added B2A table to input device LUT profiles by default.
[V0.60 -> V0.70 Beta 8]15th January 2008
- Added quick display ICC profile creation as part of
- Added support for the Huey, Spyder 2, DTP20, Eye-One Pro,
DTP22/Digital Swatchbook, Eye-One Display 1 and 2 instruments.
- Changed to GPL Version 3 license.
- Countless other bug fixes and feature enhancements.